The information on this website is based on the medical experience of Doctors and Virologists specialising in respiratory tract infections, medical websites, and reliable research evidence taken from scientific resources. Below is a list of journals where you can find some of the information used in making this website.
- Jefferson T, Foxlee R, Del Mar C, Dooley L, Ferroni E, Hewak B, Prabhala A, Naire S, and Rivetti A, (2008). Physical interventions to interrupt or reduce the spread of respiratory viruses: systematic review. BMJ, 336, 77-80.
- Little P, Stuart B, Hobbs FDR, Moore M, Barnett J, Popoola D, Middleton K, Kelly J, Mullee M, Raferty J, Yao G, Carmen W, Fleming D, Stokes-Lampard H, Williamson I, Joseph J, Miller S, and Yardley L, (2015). An internet-delivered handwashing intervention to modify influenza-like illness and respiratory infection transmission (PRIMIT): a primary care randomised trial. The Lancet , Volume 386 , Issue 10004, 1631-1639.
- MacIntyre C R, Cauchemez S, Dwyer D E, Seale H, Cheung P, Browne G, Fasher M, Wood J, Gao Z, Booy R, Ferguson N, (2009). Face Mask Use and Control of Respiratory Virus Transmission in Households. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 15(2): 233-241.
- NHS National Patient Safety Agency, (2007). Hand-washing technique with soap and water. http://www.npsa.nhs.uk/cleanyourhands/
- Sandora T J, Taveras T M, Shih M C, Resnick E A, Lee G M, Ross-Degnan D, and Goldmann D A, (2005). A randomized, controlled trial of a multifaceted intervention including alcohol-based hand sanitizer and hand-hygiene education to reduce illness transmission in the home. Pediatrics, 116, 587-594.
- Van Doremalen N, Morris DH, Holbrook M G, Gamble A, Williamson B N, Tamin A, Harcourt J L, Thornburg N J, Gerber S I, Lloyd-Smith J O, de Wit E, (2020). Aerosol and Surface Stability of SARS-CoV-2 as Compared with SARS-CoV-1. The New England Journal of Medicine, 382:1564-1567
Page 3 of 4